Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MAC To the Beach Collection

Hello Ladies. Today I would like to share with you a few things I bought at MAC last week. As you all know, MAC's To the Beach Collection came out and I was in love with it ever since I had heard about it! I love summery colors and shimmers and who doesn't love the beach?! So of course, I had to walk on in and check it out for myself at my nearest MAC counter. However, I ended up buying only 2 things from the collection. From the normal line I bought an eyeshadow in Expensive Pink and so far I love it.

I purchased an eyeshadow in Sweet and Punchy and a lipstick in Funbathing.
The eyeshadow is a veluxe pearl finish, so yeah, it's shimmery but not chunky with glitter or anything. I absolutely LOVE it and recommended it 100 percent.

Now the Lipstick that I purchased is a brownish, reddish shimmery color and it is a creamcheen so it applies super soft. I think it's a great color for the summer, and it really flatters my bronzey skintone.

The packaging is super cute for these items and I loved the idea, but overall the colors were not amazing. I was excited for this collection for a really long time, and I feel that it did not live up to my expectations. Or maybe it's just because I don't need to stock up on all of the bronzers in the collection lol. I honestly feel that the colors, for the lipsticks and eyeshadows, were nothing different from the normal MAC products.
Don't get me wrong though, I did love the idea =]

Also, I really wanted Marine Life but it was sold out at my MAC! I wasn't super upset, but I think it would have been a cool addition to my collection.

3 comments:

  1. Thx for sharing, this is a great haul ;)
    xoxo
    Liloo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for checking it out sweetie =]
    Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for visiting my blog don't hesitate to participate it will be a pleasure.
    Lots of love
    xoxo
    Liloo

    ReplyDelete